Today's Top Words:
everton win one fa lampard sheffield chelsea united wednesday transfer against or just calvertlewin premier
Everton focused on outgoings this month

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to EFC Live

Seasons2020-21Everton News

Lyndon Lloyd Thursday, 14 January, 2021 0comments  |  Jump to last


Everton's Director of Football, Marcel Brands, says he does not see the club being active in terms of incoming transfers during the January window.

Speaking at this evening's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, held remotely for the first time via Zoom, the Dutchman explained that he and his staff will be looking to move on players who may not have futures at Goodison Park but that the budget isn't really there for strengthening the squad further.

Together with Chief Executive, Denise Barrett-Baxendale and Commercial and Finance Director, Sasha Ryazantsev, Brands had outlined how Everton navigated what he described as “the most difficult and weird” transfer window he has yet experienced last summer.

Despite the huge impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the global transfer market, the club were still able to land £60m+ worth of transfer deals in the form of Allan, Abdoulaye Doucouré and Ben Godfrey while also securing James Rodriguez on a free transfer from Real Madrid.

There remain some players surplus to requirements in the senior squad, most notably Yannick Bolasie and Muhamed Besic who have been available for some time but the likes of Cenk Tosun and Jonjoe Kenny could also be on the lookout for fresh opportunities with Carlo Ancelotti's recent team selections indicating that neither player is really in his plans.

Brands did not indicate whether player sales this month would change his stance on signing new players before the winter transfer deadline, although he did add the caveat that Everton are always on the lookout for “special opportunities” should they arise.

The other salient topic at the AGM was the club's proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, the planning application review for which has been held up by the pandemic but Professor Baxendale expressed her confidence that the impact would not be unduly detrimental to the timeline which calls for the first spade to go into the ground this year.

"Liverpool City Council's public consultation period closed in October and the club is confident of securing a successful planning determination very soon, with the potential to commence construction on-site shortly thereafter," she told shareholders.

"While the Club awaits the determination of a planning application, we continue to pursue a range of funding opportunities, including senior debt, alternative sources of equity and subordinated debt.

"Phase two due diligence is currently being conducted to support the funding process, including direct research with supporters to help shape what matchdays will look like at the new stadium."

 

Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer

There are no responses so far to this article. Be the first to offer a comment using the form below.


About these ads


For more news relating to Liverpool, visit our sister site LFC Live.
Click to visit toffeeweb | Click to return to EFC Live
Share EFC Live



Dont Buy The Sun



rss icon



Arsenal News - Chelsea News - Everton News - Liverpool FC News - Man City News - Manchester United News - Newcastle News - Spurs News - West Ham News - Celtic News - Rangers News - BeIN Sports Schedule - Internet Commentator Database - Shortwave Radio Schedules - < - Contact

©2018 EFC Live.

Valid XHTML 1.0 StrictDont Buy The Sun [Valid RSS]