Today's Top Words:
everton from daily united move league sign but could de news deal all club man
Paper Talk: Solskjaer eyes £160m quartet in huge Man Utd overhaul; Chelsea could see shock double exit this summer

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to EFC Live

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has plans for a squad overhaul, while Chelsea are set to see the back of two key men, according to Thursday’s papers.

SOLSKJAER EYES FOUR IN MAN UTD OVERHAUL

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is eyeing a fresh option up front as well as a raid on a fellow Premier League side this summer, according to reports.

United boss Ole Gunner Solskjaer is reportedly ready to oversee a major overhaul of his squad at the end of the season, after the Red Devils missed out on Champions League football.

Defence is believed to be a major area that he is looking to upgrade, with a centre-back expected to be high on the list of priorities, but new full-backs may also be deemed necessary by the Norwegian.

On Wednesday, there were reports that Juventus star Joao Cancelo is ready to accept a £52m move to Old Trafford, but The Sun suggest United have two other targets in mind.

They claim that the Red Devils are eyeing a move for Crystal Palace duo Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Patrick van Aanholt, with the pair valued at £50m.

Despite Diogo Dalot’s arrival last year, the ‘Old Trafford top brass are determined to spend big to bag Wan-Bissaka’, the report states – while Van Aanholt’s ‘energy and attacking instincts’ have made Solskjaer believe he can provide competition for Luke Shaw.

The Sun also state that are considering a move for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele, with Romelu Lukaku nearing the exit door at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer is apparently a big admirer of the £50million-rated former Celtic forward, with the United boss eager to build a ‘younger and hungrier’ squad.

The same report suggests that the club are also looking at Lille winger Nicolas Pepe to ‘bolster an attack that dramatically misfired in the final two months of the campaign’.

The French-Ivorian has hit the radar of numerous big club’s in Europe this year after hitting 21 goals and 12 assists this season.

Pepe has been heavily linked with a £70m move to Arsenal, as well as PSG, Chelsea, United and Liverpool after a stellar campaign in Ligue 1.

AND THE REST

Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he wants Champions League football now, and as such would like to leave the club. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea are sending Gonzalo Higuain back to Juventus after the Premier League side decided not to extend their loan move for the forward or to buy him outright. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri still fears a Stamford Bridge exit even if he wins the Europa League – but Roma and AC Milan could be interested in the Italian, while the Blues may turn to Watford boss Javi Gracia. (Express)

Juventus have begun negotiations with Manchester United for Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 30, who has also been linked with Inter Milan. (Independent)

Everton winger Yannick Bolasie is the subject of interest from Southampton and Newcastle. (The Sun)

Manchester United are closing in on Swansea’s Wales international winger Daniel James amid growing fears they will miss out on top target Borussia Dortmund’s England international winger Jadon Sancho this summer. (London Evening Standard)

Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt insisted he was still assessing his future amid links to Barcelona and the Premier League.

Marcelo Bielsa says he would consider staying on as Leeds United head coach despite their agonising defeat to Derby County in the Championship play-off semi-final.

Tottenham have blocked all first-team transfer talk until after the Champions League final on 1 June. (London Evening Standard)

Griezmann will not replace former Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho at Barcelona, according to the 26-year-old Brazilian midfielder’s agent. (Sky Sports)

Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain are interested in English Manchester United attacking midfielder Angel Gomes. (Star)

However, Tottenham are among the clubs monitoring developments with Bayer Leverkusen’s 23-year-old Germany midfielder Julian Brandt, who is understood to have a £21.5m release clause for this summer. (Mail)

Gossip


For more news relating to Manchester United, visit our sister site MUFC Live.
Click to visit TeamTalk | Click to return to EFC Live
Share EFC Live



Dont Buy The Sun



rss icon



Arsenal News - Chelsea News - Everton News - Liverpool FC News - Man City News - Manchester United News - Newcastle News - Spurs News - West Ham News - Celtic News - Rangers News - < - Contact

©2018 EFC Live.

Valid XHTML 1.0 StrictDont Buy The Sun [Valid RSS]